Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Solid State Generator replica

Hello friends,

Finally I've succeeded to make the solid state generator. I run the circuit with the following results: At 10 PM B1 - 8.99 V, B2 - 8.51V, B3 - 8.81V.  At 10.50 PM B1 - 8.62V, B2 - 9.22V, B3 - 8.68V. B1, B2, B3 are identical 9V rechargeable batteries. The voltage at 10 PM is the initial voltage. The transistor I've used is MJE 3055T.
Observations: The transistor is not triggered, therefore the High Voltage Module is not powered. The frequency is very low (unde 2 Hz) but also on higher frequencies I didn't notice any difference.
Any hints?

Today I've played a little with the setup. I get rid of the transistor and what I've noticed is that I need to power the signal generator with a lower voltage, i.e. to use a step down transformer (a buck transformer) because it draws a lot of current from Battery 1. When the voltage that powers the signal generator is around 2VDC the other two batteries are charging. But is not my definitive word on that. I will test further.
For those that didn't know what the setup is, it is about this: https://youtu.be/_FpRrJWYbYY?si=HWAnfCRwZPUMAK8c

My final words on this experiment: I notice that no matter how I make the connections, batt 2 is charging, but the others two are discharging. No distribution of energy between cell 2 and the other two cells. For me is case closed. I think that the one wire system is the way to go.

Yeah it seems like you took a few concepts and tried some variations, Its good you posted results. I don't like using that module direct as it takes lots of current if you let it. And from experience 9 volts is too much for those little modules and the batteries get hot after a few minutes also looks like your trying to use a cap dump and do it at high voltages, Good good on the idea of playing with high voltages to try and get more current but in this case in most its that little black oscillator module that is working against you and also your using too much voltage imo. I have an old video showing some interesting configurations, Called "Efficiency Matters" I noticed from experience those modules work best with 1.5 volt batteries if you don't have a more direct way to tame the input. In one experiment I used 4 1.5 volt batteries and tested some various configurations, Even noticed some interesting experiments using input in series (displacement current) instead of a battery and used a small 100 ohm resistor to close the loop at the next batteries and complete the circuit loading the resistor and running the oscillator it micro currents, and fed the output to one cell at a time and they all climbed to near 2 volts and the first dropped to like 1.3v so that was interesting, few methods to experiment with. But running that module on anything more then those 1.5 volt batteries eats up the current.

DC booster is doing the switching to amplify the voltage, if you try to feed switched signal into the dc booster won’t work. Try to find out how a DC booster work to understand why.
Modulated dc needs to go on magnetic amplifier not dc booster. Ac obtained from mag amp can be dumped into rectifiers if you need dc.

But to be honest I don’t think you really want to work with +40k volts and your little dc booster will be toasted if you let it work continuous for more than 10 seconds.

Instead if you are confident that you need a DC booster for few second, use DC straight from battery not from signal generator. Eventually you may employ a timer circuit to power dc booster without modulating dc, but i’m not sure if it will work.

A magnetic amplifier able to handle such current probably need to be a bespoke solution which i may estimate in order of tens of thousands dollars.