Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with basic Bedini Motor

[Image: 2f3f946fa4c6d2d2a735971f104759d3.jpg]Just completed my bedini motor with the schematic showed on Google. Ran it for almost 20 hours. Primary battery is charging the second battery but there’s no extra power generated. I swapped battery a few times and I am losing power.

1. My magnets are neodymium. Do you think that I should swap them out or add more coils?
  2. My magnets are arranged NSNSNSNS because I heard it is better this way.

Any expert here who can help me ?

Without getting into big details here, This seems to line up with the beginner Bedini type of motors. They are great at demonstrating the concepts as a learning tool but as you noted people can't get more output with this as is. The more advanced "Bedini" motors where much more than this device here. Bedini used slave coils and a "HuB" motor with fancy optical switching.

I'm going to try and let others on here perhaps answer as I have provided as much information as I can think of using and optimising the basic Bedini setup. Best of luck!

Thank you Joel. I will optimise things here and there. I just saw your new schematics on the schematic category. Appreciate your effort. Just managed to get some good quality low impedance phone cables. Definitely interested in carrying your researches forward and will share if I discover anything interesting.

(09-24-2023, 04:55 AM)alexinspire Wrote: Thank you Joel. I will optimise things here and there. I just saw your new schematics on the schematic category. Appreciate your effort. Just managed to get some good quality low impedance phone cables. Definitely interested in carrying your researches forward and will share if I discover anything interesting.

Don't get me wrong it's a great device, Just probably not going to do what you want with it as is without modifications.

Hi Joel, thank you for replying and I totally understand that. I tried a few models and all of them didn’t give me the result that I am looking for. Like what you said in 1 of your video, I think something is definitely missing. I tried fine tuning components but never achieved any real success other than ‘creating an efficient pulse battery charger’. Talked to a few people who built basic or modified bedini motor. None of them gained significant results because they are not even close to what you are doing. I like how you harness the back emf with the big coil. Probably will start to do some test on that too. The only thing I might stay away from is that high voltage module. Sounds so scary to see that thing going up to 40kV ?

Let me share some insight on the Bedini Motor.  It’s a battery charger/conditioner.  It’s a learning tool.  It’s a mechanical oscillator, of sorts.  If you learn control electronics, you can electrically swap the battery roles so it runs for a very long time, (until something fails, and it will).  It is not a generator.  It has some inherent problems with switching speed, duty cycle, and control.  These are all limitations of the design, not the potential result.  You can do most of the same things with just a coil of wire and some control electronics.  But, listening to a coil sing/hum is not as much fun as watching something spin.  There is a contribution from the mass of the rotor and the magnet’s fields on the wire that you don’t get from a standing coil.  I have spent decades on these devices and have seen some amazing things.  Learn from this, but don’t expect to power anything significant with it.  Take aways:
·         Lenz law can be broken.
·         Voltage without current can do work.
·         Batteries are weird.
·         Transistors are wimps.
·         Small input can do big things.
·         Magnets do many different things.
·         Dead batteries aren’t necessarily dead.
·         A fully discharged coil can be charged without Lenz forces.
·         A fully discharged capacitor can be charged without Lenz forces.
·         Transients currents are not insignificant as we are taught.
·         Electric components have electric memory.
This is not all of what I learned from that little device, but most of the important ones.

(09-18-2023, 04:55 PM)alexinspire Wrote: [Image: 2f3f946fa4c6d2d2a735971f104759d3.jpg]Just completed my bedini motor with the schematic showed on Google. Ran it for almost 20 hours. Primary battery is charging the second battery but there’s no extra power generated. I swapped battery a few times and I am losing power.

1. My magnets are neodymium. Do you think that I should swap them out or add more coils?
  2. My magnets are arranged NSNSNSNS because I heard it is better this way.

Any expert here who can help me ?

Without the cap dump circuit at the output of the pulsing coil all you have is a battery conditioner.

I have some files that will help.  I just need to figure out how to get them up on the server.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files
.pdf   dokumen.tips_bedini-sg-sg-the-complete-intermediate-handbook-understanding-circuit-optimization.pdf (Size: 3.83 MB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   Bearden Bedini Free Energy Generation_text.pdf (Size: 3.8 MB / Downloads: 23)
.pdf   SGBEYOND.pdf (Size: 2.94 MB / Downloads: 23)
.pdf   sgadv.pdf (Size: 15.58 MB / Downloads: 20)
.pdf   SG Beginers hand book.pdf (Size: 11.86 MB / Downloads: 12)

(10-24-2023, 01:50 AM)TrexGee Wrote: I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing.