Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ferroelectric like properties of PEG cell and other features

@AbitAnnoying, I am not sure what are you trying to say but, I can tell you loads can be powered with extremely small current.

I am using small copper and aluminium coils in a 100 mm long plastic tube with deionised water, 8 cells like that can lit up 1 LED with good brightness or 20-30 LEDs in parallel continuously for 5 or 6 months now. Indeed there is a 100 uF 10 V cap across the cells output.

But, if I measure resistance of one cell it simply goes over limit, there is a voltage drop of 0.05 v with 100 K ohms in series and no voltage drop with less resistors. My multimeter can measure 0.1 uA minimum up to 10 A and there is no current at all any time I try to get a reading, yet LEDs are lit up.

So, there is DC constant supplied, I have tried and works with some other dielectric materials as well. It works with enamelled copper wire and aluminium bare wire wound on top, in water or just touching with my finger the ends that usually are immersed in water.

Also can you tell me how it look on oscilloscope pulsed DC if you set the instrument to show AC ? I can assure you I can power up AC loads with pulsed DC without any problem, resistive and/or inductive.

No need to be annoyed, we can always learn something new at any age.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ferroelectric like properties of PEG cell and other features - by Mozart - 07-21-2024, 08:56 PM