Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ferroelectric like properties of PEG cell and other features

Hi Joel. I was watching your video "Video for John" and noticed that your oscilloscope was in AC mode. Because of that you were able to measure those kickbacks when you tapped it with reversed potential. Iam able to recreate it with any voltage source. Its because when oscilloscope is in AC mode there is decoupling capacitor in way. When you suddenly revers potential, the decoupling capacitor will start charging in opposite polarity, and you will see it as your "trigger" spike. When bettery lost contact, potentian is reversed again (original potential of the cell), decoupling capacitor will start charging again in oposite and you will see it as your "response".. If you measure it in DC mode you will not see any kickbacks at all. Sorry but it is not feature of the cell, but feature of the ocscilloscope. Do you have any other measuments that show that cell is really behaves as you said? Can you show that some other cells that gives voltage do not exhibit this behavior (in AC mode)? That would be interesting to see. Maybe its because they are so weak that when you connect the probe, the voltage drops near zero and you measure nothing. You need to do this measurements in DC mode, it will give you more reliable informations about what is happening. Also when you measured cell resistace in some video with multimeter, that measurement dont make sense. Mulltimeter applies some voltage to measure the resistace. If you connect it to cell which also produces voltage it will show some random number in one way and infinity in other way. It doesn't say anything about cell resistance. Only way to measure cell resistace is shorting the cell, measure short current and short voltage on cell and use R=U/I.. Anyway i thing you are not doing it on purpose, and you really want to discover something. I wish you good luck. (I hope everything makes sense , my english is not very good Smile ,sorry)

Messages In This Thread
Ferroelectric like properties of PEG cell and other features - by AbitAnnoying - 07-20-2024, 02:18 PM