Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SSL Connection

Hello to all,

I wanted to take a moment to clarify our stance on the implementation of SSL for our forum. From my viewpoint, while SSL has its importance in specific contexts like online banking or services dealing with critical information, for a regular forum like ours, its necessity becomes less pronounced. Our forum is private, devoid of any payment gateways, subscription services, or even revenue-driven ads.

Of course, like many forums, we operate using standard scripts, which occasionally may have vulnerabilities. But this potential for intrusion isn't necessarily connected to SSL. When vulnerabilities emerge, they affect all forums using that script, regardless of whether SSL is active, until the necessary updates are implemented.

I must emphasize the importance of caution when using online forums. It's a prudent practice to not use sensitive information on our site or others. Yet, as with many things on the internet, there will always be a range of user practices. While we can enhance protections on our side, there is an individual responsibility to ensure personal safety online. Remember, simplicity often leads to clarity. I urge everyone to employ unique passwords for each site they're registered on. Even with all the digital security measures in the world, they can't substitute for individual vigilance.

So, let's continue our discussions without overburdening our server with perhaps unnecessary layers. Thank you for your understanding.

Messages In This Thread
SSL Connection - by JoeLag - 11-02-2023, 03:07 PM
RE: SSL Connection - by alset - 12-11-2023, 02:13 AM
RE: SSL Connection - by JoeLag - 12-11-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: SSL Connection - by alset - 12-13-2023, 12:50 AM
RE: SSL Connection - by oxgroth - 12-14-2023, 02:12 PM
RE: SSL Connection - by Mozart - 03-12-2024, 07:16 AM
RE: SSL Connection - by admin - 03-15-2024, 06:25 PM