Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Powered AM Shortwave Transmitter

Video 
Here I show the concept:

https://youtu.be/2GTu-Z811zI

In this video, I demonstrate a water-powered battery oscillator that I created using copper oxide and water. I discovered that by placing copper oxide in individual cups of water, I could generate enough voltage to power an AM broadcast transmitter. To take the project a step further, I separated the batteries into two packs, with the primary water battery running a simple flyback-type NPN-based oscillator.

To control the switching of the isolated water battery 2, I filtered the DC pulses generated by the oscillator with an on-board diode and sent them into the base of a PNP transistor. These pulses were then rectified back to DC and sent back into the primary oscillator circuit as feedback. What I observed with this type of "battery" is that it is capable of maintaining a charge indefinitely, as long as it is pulsed and given a short break to build up another charge of current through the chemical reaction.

This device also charges a single regular rechargeable AA 1.5 volt battery in about a day. As for the water battery, I found that it needed to have its water changed every few days due to a build-up of corrosion. Nevertheless, this is an interesting concept with potential for further experimentation and development.

Messages In This Thread
Water Powered AM Shortwave Transmitter - by JoeLag - 03-28-2023, 11:54 PM