Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Efficiency Lamp Driver Capacitive Version

Video 
Here I show you the concept:

https://youtu.be/pr4t4JKPkYM

I wanted to share my process for creating an energy-efficient lamp driver. While we can't make energy out of nothing, we can find ways to use very little input source and save money and effort.

Firstly, I use a current reactance limiter on the mains 60 hertz power line or any other source of 60 hertz 110 volts power, such as a generator or windmill. The current limiter uses Ohm's Law to limit the current to around 40 mA with 60 hertz and 1uf.

Then, I use the mostly pure voltage to quickly charge a 10uf or more capacitor with very little current input. The capacitor has an SCR diode that is triggered to dump this cap into an additional super capacitor bank a few times a second, resulting in a pure 100-volt capacitive joule or amps per second discharge. This pumping also has an electret-like effect while being pulsed.

An additional advantage of using a super capacitor bank is the elimination of the high impedance battery charging stage that needs more current. The 12-volt super capacitor bank takes the form of converted negative energy from the reactance box and capacitor high voltage pulses back into a form of regular low voltage higher current DC positive energy that is able to drive a very small and efficient high frequency AC inverter.

This inverter can drive a 15-watt lamp without any problems because of its high frequency. The 15-watt lamp operates at full spec lumens, usually requiring an input of 15 watts. However, we are driving it with only an input that we need to pay for of 40mA. The rest of the needed input is being provided by the local vacuum and clever circuitry. It is not a trick or a cheat for free energy bypass of the electric "smart" meter. The whole circuit except, respectfully, the super capacitor stage operates as an open-looped system, so it can re-gauge itself.

Not only does the lamp operate at full capacity in this fashion, but the voltage keeps rising on the super capacitor bank as it keeps getting many discharges of 100 volts a second from that 10+ uf capacitor dump simultaneously. The charge holds and even goes up instead of down as the super caps do a super job at converting this kind of power back into something useful!

I must point out that this lamp would not operate directly connected to the reactance X output of only 40mA. It requires 15 watts of input current at 60 hertz. We are not providing anything close to this level with this intentional current limiter stage. But at the end, we are able to light the lamp brightly and sustain the system with very little input drive from the operator, work-wise or money-wise. There is no free lunch, just efficiency.

I hope this information is helpful to you all. Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on this topic.

Messages In This Thread
High Efficiency Lamp Driver Capacitive Version - by JoeLag - 03-28-2023, 09:21 PM