Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Personal Notes On Work Function

(09-01-2024, 03:27 PM)Mozart Wrote: Well, it is exactly the same principle involved where work function is exploited. The salt bridge/ion bridge act as dipole element between the 2 dissimilar metals … the output is further enhanced by chemical reactions which will lead to metal degradation and the output will decrease at an increased rate. The method I have described above just avoid this electrochemistry and preserve integrity of electrodes.

Unless a far more advanced solution is employed to recover electrodes degradation as per Arie Melis deGeus patent where a magnetic field is employed to bring back all particles that have travelled to the other side … I have tried to get some components and found out that suppliers have discontinued the products about a month after the patent have been submitted.  Not to mention that no electron permeable membrane is available unless you are willing to pay a leg and an arm for it.
Also, this solution use magnetisable elements and addition of different metals for each electrode … far beyond my reach for a diy method and cheap.

So, I have to satisfy with less output per cubic meter but easily achievable at home by regular folks. In the end we are talking about a method to obtain continuous free electric power with very little money and unlimited method to use of it. It is like a solar power system, but far more reliable and efficient, with less degradable components that can work 24/7/365. Able to power a house or a vehicle or a small workshop. It might even be a solution to keep a laptop on forever or any similar device with the cost of few ml of deionised water once a week (if necessary) and be easy attachable to it.

I would leave open the opportunity for anyone interested to patent a manufacture method, but not the principle of operation which MUST be free of charge, available for anyone anywhere in the world. And even more than this if anyone is really interested with manufacture capabilities and cash flow I can suggest affordable methods. Also, I want to keep my distance from any initiative as I don’t have a desire to share the same fate as Arie Melis deGeus or many others. Also, I do not ask nor willing to accept any kind of help or remuneration of any kind. All is free !

I am just curious if anyone may find usable power if 100-1000 pieces of 10-20uF 12 V capacitors would be available almost instantly for discharge ? Or 10k of them or 100k of them ? What would be the price for such energy available 24/7/365 with a possible cost of 1-10 l of deionised water or any purified water per week or even fortnight ? No storage involved or anything else. Not to mention the option to upgrade or downgrade the whole system any time you wish or use modules upon your wish/needs.

For my latest design which will be 3d printed next week I only use few ml of water per cell and they can work with as little as a single drop to just touch both metals. I already started part of the assembly and only the carcass is needed and final assembly/connections upon my available time to do it. I have made it modular and further tests just in case can be done easy now.

Also, I have another setup based on same principle using a different geometry that can work on months of evaporations and is able to provide power as long as there is any tiny vapours of water, but is much more labour intensive and it is likely more suitable for a mechanised/automated method of manufacture … it is my first model which I have not shared anywhere yet but I intend to present it including other methods of manufacture for an automatised manufacture with very cheap and wide available materials.

Also, if Joel would be so kind and available to design a similar system based PEG, it might be much more powerful, of course without distracting him from many other experiments.

I need a real big lab so I can try everything at once lol  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Some Personal Notes On Work Function - by JoeLag - 08-29-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Some Personal Notes On Work Function - by JoeLag - 09-01-2024, 04:20 PM