Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Personal Notes On Work Function

Many thanks Joel for info.

The true and real energy contained in every single element can only be seen only when a gradient is made, or at least this is te only way we can measure with our rudimentary instruments.
Now regarding your PEG cells and my water batteries I am just contemplating what the heck is going on ? Why we can see this potential only in the presence of a medium PEG in your case and simply water in my case ? Not sure about your arrangement as I didn’t experiment with it but in my case I am thinking the water itself acting as a strong bond or anyway with a much stronger bond of energy against both metals (copper and magnesium or iron and magnesium) where both metals do not react with water as long as they are not in physical contact with each other. As water can be a positive and negative stimulus and furnishing exact the opposite charge for each metal forcing intrinsic energy to be released (creation of workfunction).

So, how can we take full advantage of this ? I think if you can push further your arrangement and I do the same with my arrangement we can find out some interesting facts. Possibly I may be restricted in doping the electrodes which may be easier done using PEG and metal powders. I already got some good results using galvanised steel wire (which is zinc-iron-zinc) + copper. Also, I can use enamelled copper wire (magnet wire) or even pvc insulated wire with same results. Or even tiny pieces of metals wrapped in teflon tape and immersed in water.

Actually in practice I am using most part of the electrodes just for connections and this is the most difficult part to design a very little battery which can pack a lot of power.

https://chatgpt.com/share/368bf712-2d0c-...252423b10c

Messages In This Thread
Some Personal Notes On Work Function - by JoeLag - 08-29-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Some Personal Notes On Work Function - by Mozart - 08-29-2024, 09:22 PM